Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Kobbari Annam/Coconut Rice

This is one simple and delicious recipe of Southern India..........

Ingredients:

1cup fresh shredded coconut, 1&1/2cups rice, 2''piece ginger, 3-4green chillies(adjust as per spice levels), 1spring curry leaves, 2tsp.ghee, 1/2tsp.shajeera, 2cloves, 1''Cinnamon stick, 2tsp.peanuts, 2tsp.cashews, 2whole dry red chillies, salt to taste.

Method:

Cook the rice and keep it aside. Grind ginger and green chillies into coarse paste(do not add any water). In a pan heat ghee, once it hot add whole garam masala and whole red chillies, once they start to spread the aroma, add curry leaves, peanuts and cashews and fry till they are light golden in color, then add coconut, ground ginger chilli paste and salt, mix well and fry for 2min. Add the fried mixture to the cooked rice and mix well, that the rice is well coated with coconut, serve it with VegKurma. Even lazy traits like me enjoy it plane.

17 yummies:

Namitha said...

Good one Prasu..I make it in a different way :-)

Nandinis food said...

This is one of my family's favourite lunch-box dish! It's excellent!

Sum Raj said...

one of my fav rice..looks temptimg..

Tina said...

Nice post.Looks yummy.

Sushma Mallya said...

Its looking so yummy with nuts all over...lovely click prasu

Unknown said...

Looks delicious dear!! This picture brings back childhood memories.my mom often used pack this in my lunch box.

Unknown said...

Lovely & delicious rice...did you change your template..it looks very good...I wish I would have grabbed it..

Raje said...

Delicious coconut rice Prasu. Sure it is so flavorful in itself. Yumm! and a lovely pic...

Prasukitchen.blogspot.com said...

Delicious Prasu and nice click too ..

Malar Gandhi said...

COconut aroma...just tingles all the senses...love this rice so much. A very good entry...nice click too.

Suma Gandlur said...

Yummy looking dish. We prepare it differently. I have seen some of my friends cooking rice with instead of coconut milk while making this.

Shabs.. said...

I love coconut rice...I was going thru ingredients and mine and ur's are quite different...The click is real nice....

By the way, i see that u already recieved the award from sushma, but i have passed on the same to u with another award...Check it out:)

shabs..

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

good one. lovely click too...

Sandhya Hariharan said...

I love it... Its soo beautifull presented...

Unknown said...

simple and delicious recipe nice pic.

lubnakarim06 said...

That's an real simple, flavourful and yum rice....

my kitchen said...

Simple & tasty one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails