Sunday, October 4, 2009

Charu podi/Rasam Powder

I learnt making this rasam powder from my mom, which she learnt from her mom.....so, the same recipe has been running in my house for generations....I made many types of rasam but nothing could match the taste of this.......Evey one who tasted this rasam, never left without asking for the recipe of Rasam powder..........So, here is the recipe for it.... I'm sending this to Priyas think spice Event

Ingredients:
1cup toordal, 1/2cup channa dal, 1/4cup whole black peppers, 1/4cup jeera, 10whole red chillies, 1/4cup coriander seeds.
Method:
Dry roast all the ingredients separately on medium heat until they turn light golden color and allow them to cool for a while, once they are cooled, grind them into fine powder and store it in an air tight container.

7 yummies:

Tina said...

Nice click dear.....

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Nice post.. dearie.

Priya Suresh said...

Rasam, a real comfort food, pls do send to Think spice-think coriander seeds event going on my blog,if u r interested:)

Chitra said...

we make sambhar podi with these ingredients , we add fenugreek too..i'll try this :)

Unknown said...

Excellent click!!! Rasam powder looks awesome...Thank for sharing

Namitha said...

Thanks for posting this authentic recipe :-)

Sirisha said...

I tried it......my rasam came awesome......thank you dear for sharing the ingredients....

Related Posts with Thumbnails