Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Saggubiyyam Payasam(Saboodaana Kheer)

This is most simple, yet tasty and healthy payasam. It's even taken as a remedy for reducing body heat. It's preparation is quite simple, but when I was a novice, It was hard for me to boil these tapioca pearls, so I found a solution to my prob.,from then on making this dish became sooooooooo easy to me, the tip is...nothing but soaking saboodaana over night with little water.................as you soak for saboodaana kichidi.

Ingredients:

Saggubiyyam/saboodana-1/2cup(soak it with little water overnight), Milk-3cups, Sugar-3/4cup, Elachi-3no., ghee-3tsp., cashews-10no.

Method:

Boil milk with 1/2 glass of water, once it gets to rolling boiling, add the pearls to milk and boil it on high flame for 6min.(it takes little time to cook the pearls as they are soaked before), then add elachi powder, sugar and roasted cashews and remove from the flame and serve it warm.


10 yummies:

Nandinis food said...

Hey! Welcome back! The payasam is our favourite and spoon-licking good! Slurp!

Padhu Sankar said...

A post after a long gap.Payasam looks delicious!!

prasu said...

Thankyou...............padhu and nandhini.

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

looks wonderful... love the click!

vrinda said...

Delicious kheer...

swapna said...

Looks delicious and looking good!!

Swathi said...

Looks delicious. Welcome back. I love this kheer.

Ash said...

I love this kheer.... Never tried to prepare it myself.... have always savored prepared by peeps in the family.....It looks very very good..... That was after a long time, I guess.... I am missing from my blog too.... & I am guilty..... :(

Ash....
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

SavithaRaj's Spice Land said...

Nice click and recipe!

divya said...

They look awesome. Wonderful pics.

Related Posts with Thumbnails