Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bellam Kobbari Laddu/Jaggery + coconut Laddu

This is one perfect sweet for coconut lovers and sweet tooth persons....I my self enjoy this sweet a lot. From my childhood this is mostly after festival sweet, because at the time of festivals my mom offers coconut to god and by the end of festivals(especially Navrathri....)lots of coconut used to be in the house, so she used to make this sweet......but being a great sweet lover ...I cook and enjoy this sweet when ever I feel like.......

Ingredients:

2 Cups Fresh grated Coconut, 11/2cups Jaggery(adjust as per sweet levels),3 Elachi/cardamom, 2tsp.Ghee.


Method:

In a pan heat Ghee, once it's warm add the coconut and fry for a min., til the aroma of the coconut starts spreading. In another thick bottomed pan add jaggery, add little water to it(about 1tsp. of water), crushed elachi and fried coconut and keep on the medium flame until the whole jaggery converts into liquid(first) and then it comes together to a single mass consistency(it should be very sticky consistency), it takes approx.10-12min. Let it cool for a while(it should be little hot), then make round balls by applying little ghee to the palms.....these Laddus need not be refrigerated, they stay fresh for a week.
I'm Sending this sweet to Sweet Series Event hosted by sireesha of Mom's Recipes

19 yummies:

Unknown said...

OMG ladoo looks mouthwatering slurp!!Keep rocking gril..

Tina said...

dear i want one coconut ladoooo. yummyyyy

Tina said...

Yummy coconut ladoos....

Pari Vasisht said...

They look so nice and are quite simple to make. Wish I could have one....

Suma Gandlur said...

My mouth is just watering. Though my mom never made this laddu, she used to prepare the coconut poornam for the polis.By the time, my mom started to prepare polis, more than half of the poornam would be gone.
BTW, ma ammavalladhi kuda Nellore.

soumya said...

looks so perfect prasu,,good job..really worth ur efforts,lovely click too....

Namitha said...

Could you send me one pl..:D

Priya Suresh said...

droolworthy laddoos..

Uma said...

mmm. tempting laddus. Chala chala baagunnayi!!

Raje said...

Inviting Laddoos.. Yummy!

Sushma Mallya said...

Hi prasu, wanted to share an award with u,do come and collect it from my blog...

chef and her kitchen said...

Lovely Laddoos..Moongdal laddu is my favorite one..and evn the coconut one..

Sum Raj said...

looks soo yummy..

LifenSpice said...

Looks delicious!

Prasukitchen.blogspot.com said...

Looks great Prasu !!

Nandinis food said...

Wow! I'm gonna pop one into my mouth from the picture! Slurp!

Sandhya Hariharan said...

Hi Prasu...
The loddu's look soo lovely n loaded....
Thanks for sharing...

Do sneak a oeek in my blog when time permits..

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

You have done a wonderful job with the ladoos...

s said...

im stumped..they look SUPERB

Related Posts with Thumbnails