Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Chikkudukaya Tomato Kura/ Indian Broad Beans with Tomato

when the days are pretty busy, and 'am craving for light and comfort food , the first thing that I turn on, is this curry . This is a simple curry with onion and tomato base, enriched with the seasoning and curry leaves.

  • Ingredients:
    2tbsp.Oil, 1lb.Chikkudukayalu/Broad Beans(cut into 1''pieces), 1medium sized onion(chopped), 5 green chillies (finely chopped), 2 springs curry leaves, 1/2tsp. cumin seeds, 1/2tsp. mustard seeds, 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder, 4ripe tomatoes(diced), 1/2tsp.Red Chilly Powder, 1/2tsp.coriander powder, Salt to taste.

Method:

  • In a pan, boil about 4 cups of water, to the boiling water add the cut beans, a pinch of salt and let it boil for 10mins. or till soft, drain the water squeeze out the excess water and keep it aside. Heat oil in a pan, once it's hot add cumin,mustard seeds, when they start to splutter, add curry leaves, green chillies, turmeric and fry for about few seconds, then add chopped onion, salt and fry till the onions are translucent. Now add the cooked beans, chilly powder, mix well, cover and cook on medium flame for 5mins. stirring in between to avoid sticking. Then add tomatoes, coriander powder, cover and cook on medium heat until the tomatoes are soft. Then remove the cover and cook on high flame for about 3mins., the curry should be in little saucy consistency..... Serve it hot with steamed rice.

22 yummies:

priya said...

yummmmm yummmm..looks simply delicious!!!!!!!...nice click!!

Shri said...

I love love this curry, Prasu!This is my mom's way..

Sanghi said...

Mmm.. yummy delicious curry!!

Priyanka Navis said...

ya indeed a comfort food.looking delicious

Anupama said...

Looks like a perfect blend that you got there. Very simple spices yet a tasty dish!

Unknown said...

Yummy and spicy curry dear!!loved it.

shahana said...

Excellent Click!!!
Impressive Site too!!

Namitha said...

Yummy yum..I like this :-)

Sushma Mallya said...

lovely pic prasu...looks delicious

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Prasu
another great one from you!!! I love these beans in all forms
Happy cooking

Vikis Kitchen said...

Love this broad beans curry....wanna have a spoon for my hot rice now:)

Vrinda said...

Nice curry,perfect wih rice...

Cham said...

A Delicious and quick broad beans curry!

Priya Suresh said...

Just love this curry, delicious!

Raje said...

Delicious and Healthy curry!

Nandinis food said...

My parents love this curry! I'll try this and even I'm drooling over this! Marvelous!

my kitchen said...

simple & tasty,goes well with white Rice.

chef and her kitchen said...

I love this curry..even I make this in a different way...looks great..check my blog to see my version when u get time dear..

sangeeta said...

this bean is called sem here n i love it...your pic looks so good.

Malar Gandhi said...

Chikkudukaya is one of my fav' veggie...but hardly find here..its been ages I have seen them. You made me home sick...by presenting this lovely dish. Wow, that looks fabulous...

Rohini said...

Yummy dish dear.. I love this veggie!

vidhas said...

New recipe, with broad beans. My kids will trouble me to have this beans. You have given me nice recipe to serve them. Thanks for sharing. nice click too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails