Friday, October 23, 2009

Masala Vada Kura/Parapu Vada curry/ Dal vada Curry

This is sure a treat to people who like Masala curries like Kurmas. This curry is mostly cooked in the coastal areas of Nellore only(as per my knowledge), I have never tasted it anywhere else, there are other variations...but this is the most simple and delicious curry......I know, the word Masala Vada/ Dal Vada itself sound delicious and that too curyy:)....mmm, it's really tempting.......so friends I'm sharing my fav.recipe here...I hope you all enjoy this too....



For Masala Vada/Dal Vada/Parapu Vada Rcipe Click here.

Vada Curry Ingredients:

  • 6Masala Vadas/Dal Vada, 1/2onion(sliced). 1/2toamato(diced), 2tsp.oil, 1/2tsp.mustard and jeera each, 2spring curry leaves, 11/2tsp.red chilli powder, few pinches turmeric powder, salt to taste.

Masala :

  • Grind 1/4cup coconut, 3cloves garlic, 1''piece of ginger, 1''cinammon stick, 3cloves, 1tsp.coriander powder and 1/4 onion, into fine paste using little water.

Curry:

  • In a Pan heat oil, once it is hot add mustard and jeera, once they start to splutter add onions, curry leaves and fry till the onions are tasnslucent, then add tomatos and fry for a while, then add ground masala, salt and turmeric powder and fry on medium heat until masala is light brown in color now add red chilli powder, 1cup of water and cook for about 5min., once the gravy starts to boil, drop in the masala vadas and switch off the heat, close it with the lid......( the gravy should be little watery consistency before dropping the vadas, later vadas absorb the water and the gravy gets thick)serve it after 15min., this helps vadas to incorporate the flavors of gravy and they turn little soft......

33 yummies:

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Looks crispy and lovely. I luv masal vadais.

Tina said...

Never tried this...Masala Vada looks spicy and creamy.

Namitha said...

love them...crisp nd yumm...

SE(Denufood) said...

looks delicious..what a coincidence..y'day i had made vada's too with sambar..

Preeti Kashyap said...

Nice.i have never tasted a curry with masala vadais

chef and her kitchen said...

I am sure it would be great combo with rice..

Unknown said...

Lovely vada curry, absolutely delicious.

Unknown said...

Crispy n yummy vada parsu!!Loved it.

Anupama said...

New to me.. yum yum..

Malar Gandhi said...

Love vada curry with idly and dosa, this picture is very inviting...

Priya Suresh said...

We call this as vada curry, absolutely delicious..yumm!!

San!!! said...

Looks perfect and nice shape.I feel like tasting one :)

SE said...

hi prasu..you being the first to award me, I want you to pick up the awards from me as well!!

Cham said...

Very famous in Tamil Nadu but the version is different. I made it for Diwali! Delicious!

Nandinis food said...

Ahaha! Masala Vada! And the curry looks delicious! Slurp! They're yummy!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Oh wow-I've never tried it in a curry. Sounds neat-will give it a try :)

Neha said...

Masala vada looks so yummy, n with curry too, it maust have tasted delicious...

Sushma Mallya said...

sounds interesting...i love vadas and putting that in a gravy is really a nice idea...looks very yummy as well

Red Chillies said...

very interesting idea. We just eat the masala vadas as is, but not as a curry:-)

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Masala Vada I love, but never tried to make it at home..I will go to the market and pick up some and make this curry. (like I make dahi Vada out of Medu Vadas from market)

Anonymous said...

This looks yummy! I have tasted masala vadas but never the curry. Looks delicious!

sangeeta said...

hey i came here on somebody's recommendation you know.....loved it...
will see all your posts whenever i get time..
masala vada i like very much but never thought of making a curry with it..
a similar similar sounding ( but with northern flavors) curry is made in our place which is called mungori ki subzi or mung ki goli....and i have tried one bengali curry like this which is called dhokar dalna....the only similarity in all these curries is that they are made with dal dumplings...:)..all have different flavors...it is wonderful to see different variations..

Chitra said...

I too prepared masal vada sterday..Looks very nice ..

Urmi said...

I love masala vada very much. Looks yummy and crispy. Oh1 I feel like having it now.

Raje said...

interesting recipe. Vada curry looks delicious!

my kitchen said...

Vada curry looks yummy

Sum Raj said...

woo..looks yum dear..thanks for the award...very happy to get from u..

Shama Nagarajan said...

my favourite vada curry...nice entry dear

ST said...

Mouthwatering and interesting one dear:)

Unknown said...

nice and mouth-watering recipe looks so tempting.

Unknown said...

Looks Crispy & Yummy dear,

Vikis Kitchen said...

Masal vada in gravy looks so attractive.

Chitra said...

I just found your site and am so glad. This recipe so reminds me of growing up. I remember we would have these kinds of vadas at family functions.. brings back memories. thanks so much for sharing.

/chitra/

Related Posts with Thumbnails