- 2cups Basmathi Rice. Soak it for 1/2 an hour. Cook rice with 2tsp.mint, 1/2tsp.oil/ghee, and salt to a grainy consistency, but totally cooked.
- 3cups mushrooms, cleaned and chopped.
- 1medium sized onion roughly chopped. In a pan heat 1tsp.oil, add the chopped onion and fry til translucent, let it cool and grind it to a fine paste.
- 1/4cup cashews, soak for 15mins., grind them to a very fine paste.
- 2medium sized tomatoes, microwave or boil them till very soft, cool them, peel the skin out and puree the tomatoes.
- 2&1/2tsp.ginger garlic paste.
- 1/2cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4cup mint leaves
- 1/2tsp.garam masala powder
- 1&1/2tsp.red chilli powder
- 1/2tsp.coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Whole garam masala:
- 2''cinnamon stick
- 2bay leaves
- 1star aniseed
In a thick bottomed pan add oil, once hot enough add all the whole garam masala ingredients and fry till light golden color. Now add onion paste, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves, mint leaves and fry for 5mins., on medium high heat. Then add cashew paste, tomato puree, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and fry on medium heat for 5-7min. Add the chopped mushrooms and 1/2cup of water, cover with lid and cook for about 10min., until the gravy leaves oil and the mushrooms are cooked.
In a bake ware, smear 1/4tsp. ghee and add the mushroom gravy to it, later cover the gravy with cooked rice( if interested can add little orange food color mixed with milk to the rice, this is totally optional) and tightly cover the pan with aluminium foil, bake at 350F for about 20mins., remove from the oven, mix it well and serve it with rita or chicken curry.