Here is another Indian Broad Bean Curry............
- 1big potato (peeled and cubed, boiled, add little salt to potato pieces while boiling)
- 1lb.chikkudu kayalu / Indian broad beans(cut into 1''pieces, steamaed, add little salt to bean pieces while steaming)
- 1tsp.red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1/4turmeric powder
- 1/4tsp.coriander powder
- 1/4tsp.sambar powder
- 1/2tsp.mustard and jeera each
- 1spring curry leaves
- 1tsp.poppyseeds(soak in warm water for 20min)+2cloves+1/2''pice cinnamon gind to fine paste.
- In a pan heat oil, add mustard and jeera, once they start to splutter add onion, turmeric powder and curry leaves, fry till the onions are translucent then add tomato and fry til pulped up, then add the ground paste and fry for 5min. on medium heat, then add cooked potato and bean pieces, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, sambar powder and 1/2cup of water, cover and cook it on medium heat till the gravy comes to desired consistency. Serve it with roti or rice.