Monday, October 11, 2010

Appam(Tanjore Style)

Appam this word makes me drool..............we people are very new to the concept of making these Appam verities at home. Most of the time, had from frozen section or from the friends place. For the first time, I felt like trying these goodies at home, So I have adopted this wonderful yet simple recipe from Santhi Krishnakumar's Cook Book, It turned out perfect......................................

Ingredients:

Rice Flour-1/2cup, Wheat Flor-1/2cup, Jaggery-3/4cup(grated), Elachi-3no.(crushed), Fresh Coconut-2tsp(shredded), Oil for deep frying.

Method:

Mix all the above ingredients well. Add water and make the batter, this batter should have the consistency that of dosa batter. In a pan heat oil for deep frying, once the oil is hot enough, pour a table spoon of batter in the oil, wait till the upper side gets fluffy, then turn to the other side and fry till they are medium brown in color.

My Observations:

The oil should not be too hot.

Remove the Appams from heat once they get brown color because the jaggery gives them burnt taste.

Fry few Appams at a time for the best results.

24 yummies:

Padhu Sankar said...

It looks so tempting!!

Finla said...

Wish I had few with my tea right now.

Swathi said...

Looks delicious. Nice one. I too posted one appam recipe.

sangeeta said...

yummy... It is made without rice flour in Uttar Pradesh and is called malpue ...fried in ghee. we love it .

Pushpa said...

Sweet appam looks yummy and delicious...

Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

Nisha said...

So good to see you back blogging , i love your recipes and tried a many of them too.

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

I just love these sweet appam..it's called neiappam in my hometown and I can just eat and eat non-stop....very tempting and thanks for bring my childhood memory back my dear:)

Madhu said...

Very nice! Loved it.

Rachana said...

Welcome back dear Prasu. Hope you are doing good.

Appams look so tempting.

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Prasu
wao ..you are back ! I am so delighted !! You are my earliest blog follower , so missed you a lot.
How are you? I saw your comment at my blog and came rushing to see what all you have posted...2 sweet dishes for a Bong is a great treat...
I like this sweet ...I have tried with 100% rice flour or 100% Maida but never knew about using 50 50 ...hummm sounds great!!
Dushera greetings to you and family.
Take care

Unknown said...

Hi Prasu,

The aapams look yummy dear...Just joined in your blog..:)

Dr.Sameena@

www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

looks yum!

Joyti said...

Wow, what a unique appum. I've never seen one fried like that...sounds delicious though.

Sandhya Hariharan said...

We call it Nei Appam...
Love them...

Do sneak a peek whn time permits..

vidhas said...

Appams looks delicious.

Nisa Homey said...

Nei appams looks yummmy. Thanks for visiting my space and for ur encouragemt.

indianspicemagic said...

Delicious appam.... Like the picture background ie is rope cot...

Lijna said...

tnx for following my blog..following urs too...byw..appam looks soo yummy .

Namitha said...

Love this..Don't know why I'm not getting your updates these days..Good to see you back :-)

Prathima Rao said...

Glad to have dropped in to this world of spicy n delicious andhra cuisine!! My grandma was from andhra n remember my childhood days when i go thru ur posts.. Now glad to be following u ;) Do drop into my space sometine..

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

your blog reminds me of the word 'mouth watering'. that drumstick vepudu is irresistible. love your collection of recipes dear.
also thanks for your interest in Arusuvai. welcome to this amazing chain. please send me your e mail id to ahomemakerdiary@yahoo.in
thanks

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

Dear Prasu,

you have created one nice space here...love your collection of recipes.love authentic cuisine of any region and this appam looks so good.
between thanks for your interest in Arusuvai. please send me your mail id to ahomemakersdiary@yahoo.in

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

First let me wish you a belated happy new year. hope you are enjoying the season to the fullest.
for Arusuvai please send me your mail address to ahomemakersdiary@yahoo.in
the running round up of the chain is alreay up. you can check that by clicking the logo on my home page. now we would be needing your address for further proceedings. hope to hear from you soon.

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

Prasu, wish you a belated happy new year. hop you are having a great time.
please send me your e mail id for discussing the details about Arusuvai.

Related Posts with Thumbnails