Monday, November 9, 2009

Cauliflower Kurma

This Kurma will go well with rice and roti...........this is one of my personal favorite. I even enjoy this Kurma with Idli too...

Ingredients:

  • 2tsp.cashews(soaked for 15min.), 2tsp.coconut(shredded),1onion(finely chopped), 2tomatoes(diced), 1/2tsp.ginger garlic paste, 1medium sized Cauliflower(cut into bite size florets), 2tsp.red chilli powder, 1/2tsp. coriander powder, 1/4tsp.garam masala, 1/4tsp.turmeric, salt to taste, 2tsp.oil, 1tsp.jeera, 2cloves, 2bay leaves, 2''cinnamon piece, 1spring curry leaves, coriander leaves for garnishing.

Method:

  • Grind coconut and cashew to fine paste and keep it aside. Heat oil in a pan, once it's hot add jeera, cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon once they start to spread the aroma add chopped onion and fry till they are translucent, then add ginger garlic paste, curry leaves and fry for a min. then add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt,coriander powder, cover and cook until the tomatoes are totally pulped up. Add cauliflower and fry for 2min., then add the ground masala paste, mix well, add about 1cup of water, cover and cook until the cauliflower is cooked(it takes appx.4-5min.). Don't cook for a long time or else the cauliflower will become too soft and soggy. Once the cauliflower is cooked and the gravy reaches the desired consistency, add garam masala, mix well (I like to have saucy consistency), remove from the heat and garnish with coriander leaves and serve it with steamed rice or roti.

26 yummies:

Soma Pradhan said...

This looks so mouth watering..Lovely dish...

SE said...

kurma looks so delicious..this is so true about eating idli with korma !! I do it too!

priya said...

kurma looks awesome....so yummy!!!...love to have those with rotis!

Padma said...

Looks delicious... loved to have with some chapathis/parathas :)

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Prasu
I always wait eagerly for your posts. This Korma is great. I know many Kormas, but all North Indian or Royal dishes, extremely rich in oil / ghee.
I love the Korma of south ( Kerala type) , with the coconut and curry patta but did not have any recipe...
will try this one.
best wishes and have a good and exciting week ahead

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

yummy...

San!!! said...

Korma with poori n paratha is a filling and delicious dish.Good post.

Finla said...

I love kurma and love the dark colour too.
I would love to have this with rice.

Unknown said...

o0o0o0o...this dish looks very delicious...

Anupama said...

Yummy korma there...

sangeeta said...

kurma with idli....i am startled!!
i'd like it with rotis or paratha...we north indians can have anything with roti...:)
this one is delicious!!

Cham said...

Kurma sounds rich and thick with cashew!

Ash said...

What a yum kurma... I wanna try it right away with my roti.... & yes it is in my mouth..... Hmmmmmmm....

I love cauli.... very tasty...

Ash....
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Priya Suresh said...

Delectable kurma...prefect with rotis!

Sanghi said...

Delicious kuruma dear..!

Tina said...

Oh yummy and delicious...

Sushma Mallya said...

yummy kurma and must be very nice with puri...

Indrani said...

lovely ingredinets..kurma looks so tempting..pl. collect some awards from my awards for my followers post

Sreelekha Sumesh said...

hmm.nice kurma..love the colour.

kitchen queen said...

yum yum kurma and that cauliflower being my favourite.

Shri said...

Lovely,Prasu!I always had trouble cooking cauliflower except for putting tadka in it..I like this version!

Unknown said...

Very delicious. Lovely presentation with yummy picture!!!

Urmi said...

I love cauliflower very much. Oh! cauliflower kurma looks delicious and mouth watering.

my kitchen said...

My favorite,planning to post,u did first,my version will come soon

kitchen queen said...

Yum and delicious kurma.

Purnima said...

Tried this kurma, very tasty indeed! thanks for sharing! Have made it twice already.

Related Posts with Thumbnails