This is an winning combination, the combination of these veggies itself give an unique flavor and texture to the curry.
- 2potatoes, 1/2lb.brinjals(purple or green), 1medium onion(roughly chopped), 3tsp.oil, 1/2tsp.mustard and jeera each, 1/2tsp.ginger garlic paste, 1spring curry leaves, 1tsp.red chilli powder, 1/4tsp.turmeric, 1tsp.coriander powder, 1/4tsp.garam masala, salt to taste.
- Boil the potatoes and cut them into 1''cubes, and cut the brinjals to 2''pieces.
- In a pan heat oil, once it hot add jeera and mustard, once they start to splutter add onions, curry leaves and fry till the onions are translucent, add ginger garlic paste and fry for a min., then add the boiled potato pieces, brinjal pieces, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, mix well, cover and cook till the brinjal pieces are 3/4 done.
- Remove the cover and cook on medium heat until the brinjal pieces are totally cooked(I like to over cook the brinjal in this curry, this enhances the flavor and add a good texture to the curry).
- Add garam masala, mix well and remove from the flame. Serve it as side for roti or rice.