Monday, November 30, 2009

Palli Chikki - Palli Patti/ Peanut Brittle

This is the treat most of us enjoyed from our chailhood......and many many memories surely attached to these....So, these chikkies are surely heart rob of mine... not only for taste but also for memories...........



Ingredients:

  • 2&1/2 cup Peanuts/palli/verusenaga pappu
  • 3/4cup Jaggery
  • 1/2cup Sugar
  • 1/4cup Water
  • 1/4tsp.Cardamom(powdered)
  • 1/4tsp.ghee

METHOD:

  • Roast pea nuts, keep aside.
  • In a thick bottomed, wide pan, heat jaggery, sugar with 1/4 cup of water, bring them to boil, now you see lots of bubbles, keep stirring until it gets to a thick syrupy consistency.( to check the consistency, drop few drops of syrup in a bowl of water, it should solidify into soft threads). Now add cardamom powder, pea nuts and stir constantly for few minutes, then turn off the heat and pour this mixture onto a ghee greased pan, leave it to cool. When cooled, break them to pieces (need not be fancy, I like to brake them in random shapes, which is quite easy). Store them in an airtight container.

21 yummies:

Priya Suresh said...

My all time favourite, can have this anytime...feel like picking few..

Unknown said...

Thats such a good way to enjoy peanuts...Looks so pretty and lovely presentation as well!

Vrinda said...

This is my hubby's fav..looks delish and perfect...

Namitha said...

that's making me nostalgic...would love to eat everything in your bottle if possible ;-)

Unknown said...

My favorite too, looks lovely.

Nithya said...

I love this even now.. yummm :)

Sushma Mallya said...

i love this chikki,my aunt used to make for me, never tried it so far, will surely do it now seeing yours as it looks really good prasu

Nandinis food said...

My family's fav ! Tempting and lovely dear:)

Ms.Chitchat said...

Looks tasty and delicious. A healthy way to have peanuts. Good click

Chitchat

Tina said...

Beautiful clicks and presentation...This is my fav. Yummyy.

Rohini said...

Count me in!!!!! My fav too...Love to munch this on and on!!

Sreelekha Sumesh said...

Our fav one.looks so yummy dear..

priya said...

I love this!!..looks so delicious!!...nice click!

sangeeta said...

this chikki is such a fave with peanuts or sesame or both in two in one chikki...

Sarah Naveen said...

oh wow..Looks so yummy...Wanna grab one now..

Malar Gandhi said...

Palli chili brings back all the childhood memoris, very healthy one.

Vikis Kitchen said...

This sweet is my favorite even from childhood.Peanut mittai has come out very well ..now I am longing to have one:)

prasu said...

thank you all dear.....for ur lovely comments.

Anupama said...

Oh my! This is my favorite although I make sure I bite on it carefully as it is normally very hard :-)

Usha said...

Peanut chikki looks very inviting...

my kitchen said...

Lovely chikki,but i never tried with combination of sugar & Jaggery,will try next time

Related Posts with Thumbnails