This is one simple house hold curry in the Kitchens of Andhra..........
- Goruchikkudukayalu/Cluster Beans – 1lb
- Onion -1(finely chopped)
- 1Ttomato (diced)
- Mustard Seeds – 1tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – 1tsp.
- Fenugreek Seeds – few(5-6seeds)
- Curry Leaves – 1spring
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4tsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Red Chili Powder – 2tsp.
- Tamarind – Small Goose Berry Size(soak in 3/4 cup of water for 15min.)
- Oil – 4tsp.
- Wash, cut the cluster bean into 1''pieces. Add salt(little), turmeric powder to the bean pieces, steam them(give 1 whistle in the pressure cooker), once they are cooled, squeeze out the excess water and keep them aside. Heat oil in a pan, once hot, add fenugreek seeds,mustard,cumin seeds and fry till they splutter, now add chopped onions and curry leaves and fry till the onions are translucent, then add tomato, turmeric powder and fry till the tomatoes are pulped up. Now add the cooked bean pieces, salt, red chilli powder, tamarind juice(extracted from soaked tamarind), mix well, cover and cook until you get the saucy consistency to the curry(it takes about 15min.).....This curry tastes good with steamed white rice.