Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Goruchikkudukaya Pulusu/Cluster Beans in Tamarind Sauce

This is one simple house hold curry in the Kitchens of Andhra..........

Ingredients:
  • Goruchikkudukayalu/Cluster Beans – 1lb
  • Onion -1(finely chopped)
  • 1Ttomato (diced)
  • Mustard Seeds – 1tsp.
  • Cumin Seeds – 1tsp.
  • Fenugreek Seeds – few(5-6seeds)
  • Curry Leaves – 1spring
  • Turmeric Powder – 1/4tsp.
  • Salt to Taste
  • Red Chili Powder – 2tsp.
  • Tamarind – Small Goose Berry Size(soak in 3/4 cup of water for 15min.)
  • Oil – 4tsp.

Method:

  • Wash, cut the cluster bean into 1''pieces. Add salt(little), turmeric powder to the bean pieces, steam them(give 1 whistle in the pressure cooker), once they are cooled, squeeze out the excess water and keep them aside. Heat oil in a pan, once hot, add fenugreek seeds,mustard,cumin seeds and fry till they splutter, now add chopped onions and curry leaves and fry till the onions are translucent, then add tomato, turmeric powder and fry till the tomatoes are pulped up. Now add the cooked bean pieces, salt, red chilli powder, tamarind juice(extracted from soaked tamarind), mix well, cover and cook until you get the saucy consistency to the curry(it takes about 15min.).....This curry tastes good with steamed white rice.

28 yummies:

Sreelekha Sumesh said...

This is new to me.Looks delicious and perfect with rice.

SE said...

this must be tangy and tasty!! yum..

Sunitha said...

It took me a while to start liking cluster beans.. but now I am quite a fan. Thanks for a nice recipe for a cluster bean fan :)

Latha said...

Sounds new and interesting.....

priya said...

looks tasty!!...this is so new to me!....nice click!

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Prasu
Another great one from you!!! It must be quite tasty!! I will try soon..
Happy cooking

Shri said...

I like this curry...We make it in a similar way too except it is a lil; thick..Lovely curry!

Priya Suresh said...

Very new dish, never prepared clusterbeans as gravy..looks delicious!

Unknown said...

New to me dear..looks tangy and appetizing!!will try it sometimes.:)

Anupama said...

Ahaaa... looks super deli... for my love for cluster beans, I can use it up in any dish and still be the happiest person on earth :-)

My cooking experiments said...

This curry has taken me back to my days in hyderabad where i used to make this very often. A delicious post.

Nandinis food said...

Make me hungry :) Looks tangy and tasty!

Uma said...

I never cooked cluster beans this way. looks so delicious.

chef and her kitchen said...

Never made pulusu wid cluster beans..nxt time I will try this.

sangeeta said...

nice tangy cluster beans...i love them ..

Ms.Chitchat said...

A new and tasty recipe yet again from you, Prasu. Nice pic too.

Chitchat

Malar Gandhi said...

Gorichikkukaya pulusu sounds interesting:) totally new, will it be bitter?

Tina said...

Its a new recipe....Looks yummyyyy.

Soma Pradhan said...

A nice recipe dear...

Namitha said...

yummmy...never tried this before..Thanks for sharing :-)

Ash said...

I love long beans in any prep.... I know very simple to prepare & very tasty too...

Ash....
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Padhu Sankar said...

Looks delicious.I want to have it with hot rice.I am feeling hungry now after seeing the picture.

my kitchen said...

Tangy & yummy one

suvi said...

i have always made cluster beans as a stir fry with some coconut. This is a nice and very interesting new recipe!

Rohini said...

Tangy tasty Pulusu...Hmm...Yummy!

kitchen queen said...

The curry looks inviting and yum.u can visit my blog and give ur comments.

Sarah Naveen said...

A real new recipe to me..looks really delicious.

Vikis Kitchen said...

Cluster bean curry seems so delicious. Like your kaja sweet also very much. Nice click.

Related Posts with Thumbnails