Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Simple Onion Pakoda

I prepared this long back............ but was sitting in the doc for a long time, I think today this post got moksha to come out. This is a quick fix snack and it tastes great at tea time........I enjoy this with rasam rice too........Click HERE for my another version of Onion Pakoda.

Ingredients:

  • 2 Onions(sliced thin)
  • 2Tbsp. Rice Flour
  • 1tsp. Corn Flour
  • 1tsp. Besan(if not using corn flour, can increase besan from 1tsp. to 2tsp.)
  • 1tsp. red chilli powder
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil (for deep frying)

Method:

  • In a bowl, add onion and salt, mix well and keep it aside for 5-7min., then add red chilli powder,curry leaves, mix well. In a pan heat oil, in the mean time add besan ,cornflour and rice flour to onions and mix well, do not add any water, as we add salt to onions it leaves enough water for making the mixture. Take the mixture in hand and sprinkle them in to the hot oil, fry them till they are golden brown in color......Crispy Pakodas are ready to eat.

35 yummies:

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

Can I have some for evening snack?? Looks delicious and crispy:)

Rachana said...

Hey Prasu,
The pakoda's look yummy and goes perfect with a cup of Chai:)

Ash said...

With all those flours, it has to be crunchy munchy.... Yummy!!!!! Looks good as usual.... I have fallen in love with you through those pics u post.....

Happy Sankranti!!!!

Ash..
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Faiza Ali said...

I love onion pakoda...just some pakoda and tomato ketchup and I am happy:)

Namitha said...

Perfect snack for this cold weather, with a cuppa :-)

Finla said...

So crispy delicous. I had this last time when we were in a friends place and loved it. Drool.

Vrinda said...

Tempting pakodas,my fav tea time snack

Jagruti said...

Hey Prasu

Pakoras look mouthwatering...graet with cup of tea or chutney...having snow here

Cheers

Sushma Mallya said...

Simple yet very tasty snack,perfect anytime...

Unknown said...

Wow My Fav snack....Looks really mouth watering...I wish I could taste that crispy looking pakodas....

sooperb entry....

Renuka Bedre - Rao said...

wow templting pakodas!!never tried adding corn floor..next time m surely trying this way..

Renuka
http://cookingyummy.blogspot.com

Padma said...

All time fav snack. Love to have with a cup of tea in this cold season.

Siddhi Shirsat said...

wow ths pakodas luk damn tempting...nice 2 hv wid hot cup of coffe or masala tea

Swathi said...

parsu,
lovely onion pakoda. onion pakoda in any form welcome in my house. 'i will try this version soon. thanks for visiting my blog

Unknown said...

Looks mouthwatering dear. Just cannot stop munching the whole bunch in no time. Please pass me some :)

Nandinis food said...

Crispy onion pakodas! Love the way you have fried them. Yeah, Nice combo for rasam rice.

Gouri Guha said...

Lovely snack to relish on a cold winter evening with a cup of hot tea.
Nice click...tempts to pick up from there itself...ha ha ha

Ms.Chitchat said...

So cruncy and crispy. All time favourite. You have captured the pic very well.

Chitchat
http://chitchatcrossroads.blogspot.com/

Tina said...

Simply superb and mouthwatering pakoda...

Rohini said...

Hmm....yummy pakoda's to go with tea!!!

Shri said...

Just fantastic,Prasu!

Malar Gandhi said...

Good with tea, looks real crissssp, luv it:)

Unknown said...

Looks too good.

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Looks nice and crispy Prasu:)

shahana said...

I really liked your crispy onion pakodas

my kitchen said...

Perfect tea time sanck.Loves it

Padhu Sankar said...

Your onion Pakodas looks different I will try your version.Looks crispy and delicous!

kitchen queen said...

Hi dear I have an award waiting for u in my blog. You can collect it.

Rachana said...

Dear Prasu,
I have an award for you...please collect it
http://rachanakothari.blogspot.com/2010/01/award-and-some-secrets.html

Sunitha said...

Pakoda and chai! Wonderful..I love all the fried goodies my husband too. Something both of us agree on :)

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Dear Prasu,
Your onion pakoras look so distinct from each other and looks tempting. No wonder such good preparations have made your blog so popular amongst all of us.
Regards
Deepa
http://hamareerasoi.blogspot.com/

Nithu Bala said...

Wow! crispy yummy pakoras..so many lovely recipes..

Unseen India Tours said...

This is something that even i can try !! I always like onion Pakora !!Beautiful and fantastic post !! Will try this !!

Unknown said...

Perfect evening snack....!

Rekha said...

Perfect for a rainy day, drool...

Related Posts with Thumbnails