I have first tasted this snack in my friends house years back, liked it a lot......but at that time I was not much into cooking(only eating), so just enjoyed the ladoo but did not care for the recipe.......I have been searching for the recipe for a long time but could not get it, but recently I have seen the post of my blogger friend Raje and took the basic info. from that and tuned it to my comfort........It's really a worth making dish.
Coconut Mixture Ingredients:
- 2 Cups Fresh grated Coconut, 11/2cups Jaggery(adjust as per sweet levels),3 Elachi/cardamom, 2tsp.Ghee.
- In a pan heat Ghee, once it's warm add the coconut and fry for a min., til the aroma of the coconut starts spreading. In another thick bottomed pan add jaggery, add little water to it(about 1tsp. of water), crushed elachi and fried coconut and keep on the medium flame until the whole jaggery converts into liquid(first) and then it comes together to a single mass consistency(it should be very sticky consistency), it takes approx.10-12min. Let it cool for a while(it should be little hot), then make round balls by applying little ghee to the palms.....and keep them aside.
- 2cups dry milk powder, 1butter stick, 1can, 14oz.condensed milk.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter, add milk powder, condensed milk, mix them well and microwave them for 1min., mix well and microwave for another 2min., let it cool at bit( don't let it cool completely, it's difficult to handle it if it's cold).
- Pinch out a lemon sized kova/peda ball, place it on a plastic sheet(I used ziploc) and pat the kova it into a 1/2'' circle and place the coconut laddu in the center and pull out all the corners and cover the coconut ladoo with Peda and roll gently in between the Palm to get the smooth outer layer.....
I'm sending this to Priya's "Diwali Event 2009" , Purva's "Diwali Dhamaka" and sireesha's "Sweet Series Event"