Monday, October 19, 2009

Kova Ladoo/ Peda Ladoo/Kova Kajjikaya(Peda stuffed with coconut)

I have first tasted this snack in my friends house years back, liked it a lot......but at that time I was not much into cooking(only eating), so just enjoyed the ladoo but did not care for the recipe.......I have been searching for the recipe for a long time but could not get it, but recently I have seen the post of my blogger friend Raje and took the basic info. from that and tuned it to my comfort........It's really a worth making dish.

Coconut Mixture Ingredients:

  • 2 Cups Fresh grated Coconut, 11/2cups Jaggery(adjust as per sweet levels),3 Elachi/cardamom, 2tsp.Ghee.

Method:

  • In a pan heat Ghee, once it's warm add the coconut and fry for a min., til the aroma of the coconut starts spreading. In another thick bottomed pan add jaggery, add little water to it(about 1tsp. of water), crushed elachi and fried coconut and keep on the medium flame until the whole jaggery converts into liquid(first) and then it comes together to a single mass consistency(it should be very sticky consistency), it takes approx.10-12min. Let it cool for a while(it should be little hot), then make round balls by applying little ghee to the palms.....and keep them aside.

Peda Ingredients:

  • 2cups dry milk powder, 1butter stick, 1can, 14oz.condensed milk.

Method:

  • In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter, add milk powder, condensed milk, mix them well and microwave them for 1min., mix well and microwave for another 2min., let it cool at bit( don't let it cool completely, it's difficult to handle it if it's cold).

Ladoos:

  • Pinch out a lemon sized kova/peda ball, place it on a plastic sheet(I used ziploc) and pat the kova it into a 1/2'' circle and place the coconut laddu in the center and pull out all the corners and cover the coconut ladoo with Peda and roll gently in between the Palm to get the smooth outer layer.....
    I'm sending this to Priya's "Diwali Event 2009" , Purva's "Diwali Dhamaka" and sireesha's "Sweet Series Event"



23 yummies:

Pari Vasisht said...

Nice combo Prasu. I have a diwali gift for u, pls pick up an award from my blog.

Nandinis food said...

Wow! Nice colorful pedas! Love the stuffing also!

Tina said...

Wow..yummy pedas..

Unknown said...

Wonderful Recipe! Looks Awesome!!! And one of the tempting sweets :)

Padma said...

Very tempting Pedas.... looks yumm

Cham said...

I made pedas for diwali! This one looks delicious inside!

Priya Suresh said...

Such a droolworthy pedas, looks awesome..

Sushma Mallya said...

Interesting recipe,Never tried to do it this way..surely must be yummy as it looks...

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Nice photo..I am going to try this..very new to me and looks I will be able to manage this one. Moreover it is a Healthy food and not health-food :-))

ST said...

Looks very relishing:)

Ambika said...

Thanks Prasu! the pedas look sooooo yum! My mom tried the rasam powder recipe from ur blog and she said it was awesome!!

chef and her kitchen said...

That looks so delicious dear..Lovely stuffing..

Sandhya Hariharan said...

Beautifully picturised!!!!

SE said...

hi..first time here...diwali sweets look very delicious..

Shri said...

Outstanding!!

Unknown said...

wowwwwwwww so perfect and treditional recipe looks great dear.

Sum Raj said...

yummy dessert dear..

Unknown said...

Jus had confused with pranu as i posted for one more person..ur entries r posted now..check it out

Gouri Guha said...

Here for the first time. Will try out this one...looks yummy.

Finla said...

I have neve rhad this, looks so so yummy. And the filling that is just so so good.

Vrinda said...

My first visit here ..Peda looks so yum,never tasted stuffed peda...

Neha said...

This sweet is really yummy, i just had it at one of my frd's place this diwali...
Very nice combo..

Soma Pradhan said...

Thanks Prasu for leaving behind your comment...These laddus are amazing..It reminds me of one such laddu which we get in bhubaneswar..when laddu are stuffed with rasagulla..I stil wonder how they make it..

Related Posts with Thumbnails