Sunday, September 6, 2009

Baked Mac&Cheese

It's Saturday night, as usual we don't have rice on the Saturday night, so I was asking J what to cook for dinner, then my 8 year old heard this and started bugging me for Mac &Cheese, I was bored of doing the store brought Packets. Actually not bored........hee..hee.., the reason is recently we had an get together with J's team, so someone got this Mac&cheese Bake, I liked it a lot....got the recipe from her....so I was eager to try this............and made it on Saturday, it's really good.........

Ingredients:

¼cup butter, ¼cup flour, 3cups milk, 1cup grated cheddar cheese, ½tsp.salt, ½tsp.dry mustard, ¼tsp.black pepper powder, 1tsp.Worcestershire sauce(I did not use it ), 2cups bite sized macaroni, 1cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, 4tsp.bread crumbs.
Method:

Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Blend in flour and gradually add the milk, stirring constantly; add the seasonings. Cook until the sauce is thickened. Add one cup grated cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Cook macaroni as directed, drain, and add to cheese sauce and mix well. Turn the mixture into baking dish or pan. Sprinkle the top with 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs and bake in a 375F oven for about 15 min., remove from the oven and place under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned


1 yummies:

Unknown said...

Hai Prasu,

Nice Blog,really impressive...
And ur dishes are really yummy...
I am going to try out ur recipes..
Am following u, When u get time peep into my site too, www.kiranmary.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails