Sunday, September 6, 2009

Chepala Vepudu/Fish Fry

The word Chepalu(Fish) make me drool.......I enjoy having fish every dady, never got bored of sorts.....this is one simple and tasy fish fry that I have done yesterday, I learnt this from my Mom......

Ingredients:
1lb. Fish(I used Tilapia), 1/4onion(grind in to paste with out adding water), 1/2tsp.ginger&garlic paste, 1/2tsp.red chilli powder(adjust as per the spice levels), 1/4tsp.turmeric powder, salt to taste, 2tsp.oil(for shallow frying), 1tbsp.cornstarch.
Method:
Cut the pieces into desired sizes, add all the above ingredients to the fish pieces except for the oil, mix well that all the pieces are coated well by the masalas and keep them aside. Heat the pan, add the oil, once it is hot, add the fish pieces to the oil and fry them for 5 min. on each side or until they turn light golden brown on each side(keep the flame on medium because the onion paste gives brown color fast but the fish will not be done). serve them with Rice and Sambar.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails