Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ada (Dosa made with lentils and rice)

Ada is a healthy and tasty Dosa variety.............

For Batter: 1cup rice, 1/2cup urad dal, 1/2cup toor dal, 1/4cup chana dal, 5-6 whole dry red chillies. Soak the dals, rice and red chillies for overnight(atleat for 4-6hrs.). Coarsely grind them with green chillies, curry leaves and ginger and salt.

In pan heat 1tsp.oil, once it is hot add mustard and hing, once mustard start to splutter add this to the batter and mix well.

Procedure make Ada:

Fill the ladle with Ada batter, gently pour this batter onto the center of the pan, now begin to spread the batter in circular motion to form dosa(batter should be spread little thick compared to dosas), after spreading the batter out on the pan, drizzle the oil all on the surface of dosa and also around its edges. Allow it to cook for 2minutes, then flip it and cook it for a min., take it out from the flame..The Ada is done......serve it with coconut chutney or your choice of pickle.peanut chutney or red chilli chutney.

2 yummies:

Unknown said...

Dear Prasu, there seems to be something wrong with the comments button in your blog. I loved your red chilli chutney and the comment button is not visible for the latest post, so went and checked your older posts and they are visible there.

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Prasu
I cant locate the comment button on Pesarattu, Upma
My wife and I have made the Upma today. It was just too good...specially the flavor. I am reserving the recipe as a party dish "UPMA FROM COASTAL ANDHRA" of course I will add the Pesarattu and the chutney too.
Due to heavy traffic at the kitchen, Pesarattu is still waiting and at the raw Mung dal stage.
I have posted the photos at my blog expressing my acknowledgement to you.
http://ushnishg.blogspot.com/2009/10/upma.html
Have a look and don't laugh as it is my 1st attempt.
Regards

Related Posts with Thumbnails