Monday, March 30, 2009

Ugadi Pachadi

Ugadi is Telugu New Year, in Telugu Ugadi means, beginning of a new year,which is celebrated in Vasanta Rutuvu.... the most authentic tradition of Ugadi is preparing Uadi Pachadi....which represents itself the flavours of life, it has the sweetness of jaggery, the sourness of tamarind, the bitterness of neem flower and the Vagaru of green mango, hot of the chilli powder and salty taste of salt...........so, this unique pachadi is Incorporated with all the six essential elements of life....But, as I'm in a place where I couldn't find neem flower,so I have substituted it with little bitter guard skin.......what to do?

I know that every Telugu Girl know how to do this Pachadi, there are many variations in making this pachadi.........so, I'm posting my method here............

2tbsp.fresh raw mango finely chopped,with skin, 1/2tsp.Neem flowers( I have used bitter guard skin instead), 1tbsp.grated jaggery, 4 tbsp. thick tamarind pulp, pinch of red chilli pwd., a pinch of salt.

Mix all the above ingredients to form a saucy consistency....If you like it to be little watery in consistency add little water......

Related Posts with Thumbnails