Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Idli Upma, Crumbled Idli, Fried Idli

No.....no..no not again idli Mommy...this is the dialogue of my 7yr. old, what to do.....I remember the day of me telling the same to my mom......my Amma used to transform idli into very tasty breakfast/evening snack.......that's what I did yesterday........my daughter also enjoyed it.......she called it yellow upma....I told her no matter what u call, this is also idli.....then she told me, "Even idli tastes better" mommy.....so friends try your luck with this recipe to your idli hating lil' one's.


Ingredients:
4 idlies(even the left overs can be used), 3green chillies, cut lengthwise(adjust as per the spice level),1/4 onion (cut lengthwise), 1tsp. lemon juice. salt to taste.
Seasoning:
1tbsp. oil, 1tsp. chana dal, 1tsp. urad dal,1/4 tsp. turmeric powder, 1tsp. mustard and jeera seeds each, 2 spring curry leaves.
First crumble the idlies and keep them aside. In a pan heat oil and add all the seasoning ingredients and fry until they fragrant, then add turmeric powder, onion, green chillies and salt and fry until the onion are translucent and then add the idli crumble and toss it well until it is coated with all the seasonings, now add the lemon juice, mix well and remove from the flame and serve it hot........

Related Posts with Thumbnails