This particular post was sitting in the doc for a long time, it has slipped my sight with no reason. We were frequent visitors to Pecking(a small restaurant in VA), the only thing we would have there was their Chicken fried rice. Wow...........even while writing this post, me drooling here with tickling taste. I tried to prepare this particular dish for many times, but never got the restaurant taste, after many failures, finally got it!!!!!! Wow............now tough I'm staying in home land I don't miss Pecking:-)
Things Required to Make:
- 2cups long grain rice/Basmathi.
- 1chicken breast.
- 1onion(roughly chopped).
- 1Green pepper(roughly chopped).
- 1bunch spring onions(cut them int3''pieces, lol:-) they make difference).
- 1Small tin of baby corn
- 2tsp.dark Soy Sauce.
- 2tsp.Oyster Sauce.
- 1tsp.Pepper Powder.
- Salt to taste.
- *Cook the rice and keep it aside(many cook it 3/4only, but I prefer to cook it little grainy).
- Take the chicken breast, keep it in a zip lock bag, pound this, add little salt, crushed garlic(4-5pods), little pepper powder and marinate for 1/2 an hour, then cut them to thin strips.
- In a pan add 2tsp.oil fry these chicken strips and keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add little more oil if required, then add egg, pepper, mix well and keep stirring to make scrambled egg, and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add remaining oil and keep it on high flame, once it gets to smoking point, add onions, spring onions, green peppers and fry till they are 1/4done.
- Then add soy sauce, salt, pepper powder, fried chicken, scrambled egg and rice, mix well, take care not to break the rice.
- Keep it on high flame, till the rice is hot enough and flavourful.
- Serve it hot with Chili Garlic sauce. I think we need no gravy with this dish because it has all the flavours needed.
- After cooking the rice, let it cool, drizzle1tsp. Sesame Oil and refrigerate it for about 1/2 an hour. This helps not to mash the rice and the consistency will be perfect.