It was so boring to cook regular Gobi, so decided to go for Methi Gobi inspired by Aloo Methi, this saucy gravy suites perfect to all Indian breads.
1Gobi Flower(cut to bite size pieces), 3 bunches Methi(cleaned, chopped), 1/4cup green peas, 1Onion(roughly chopped), 2Tomatoes(diced), 1/2tsp.Red chili Powder, 1/2tsp.coriander powder, 1/8tsp.Turmeric powder, 1/2tsp.garam masala/chicken masala, Salt to taste, 2tsp.Oil, 1/4tsp.jeera, 1tsp.Cream(optional).
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera and allow to splutter.
- Add onion and fry till soft.
- Now add methi and fry for few mins.
- Then add tomatoes, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, mix well, cover it with lid and cook for 5mins.
- Now add gobi to it, cover and cook in on medium flame for about 15min. or till gobi is done.
- At last add cream (optional) and serve it with roties.
For this curry we need not add any water, as we get required water from tomatoes, if you feel it's getting dry add 1/4cup of water at the time of adding Gobi.