This a common house hold snack that's ruling as favorite snack for kids for ages..............me too have grown with lots and loads of memories attached to this snack. Even today it makes my best tea time snack!!!!!
- 2cups all purpose flour
- 2tsp.sesame seeds
- 1/2tsp.red chilli powder
- salt required
- Oil for deep frying
- Sieve the flour, add salt, red chilli powder, sesame seeds, ajwain, jeera mix well.
- Now add 2tsp.oil/ghee to the flour and rub well so that the flour is well coated with oil/ghee.
- Add required water and make the dough of roti dough consistency.
- Divide the dough to 4 equal portions/balls.
- Roll the dough ball to big and thin roties( i prefer them to be thin so they have the melt in mouth texture).
- Now run the knife and cut them into small diamond shapes.
- Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying, once the oil is hot enough, reduce the flame to medium and fry the diamond cuts in bathes, till light golden brown color. place them on the tissue paper, to remove excess oil if any. In the same way roll the remaining dough, cut and fry.
- Store them in air tight container, once they completely cool down.
- Always fry these bites on medium flame, remove them in light golden brown color because they turn out little dark after removing from the oil.
- The dough should be stiff, otherwise the bites will not be crisp.