Nimbu pani/nimbu sherbet is a delicious and refreshing thirst quencher, which is a common summer drink in Indian houses. The fresh squeezed lemons with basil seeds make it more refreshing. Mama made/Homemade lemonade on hot summer day makes your summer vacation a most magical one.
Benefits of Basil Seeds: Click herehttp://benefitof.net/benefits-of-basil-seeds/.
- My mom tells me that having basil seeds with nimpu pani has a health reason for it, nimbu pani demands little more sugar to make it yumm, so if you add basil seeds to it, it will cover the sugar content, so your body don't absorb it all, which results in lowering the sugar levels.
- it's believed that, It also helps to burn calories, loose wait, have beautiful skin and control blood sugars.
- Juice of 4lemons
- Chilled water
- Sugar as required (approx3/4cup - 1cup)
- Black Salt 3pinches/ jeljeera powder-1/4tsp.
- 2tsp.basil seeds
- Soak Basil seeds in 1/2cup of water for half an hour.
- Squeeze the lemons, add little water, sugar, black salt mix well till the sugar is dissolved.
- Add required water and basil seeds, adjust the sugar if needed.
- For a deeper lemon flavour add the squeezed peels of lemon to the pani and allow them to sit in there for a while and remove them before serving.
- Relish the best Mama made/Home made lemonade with an ice cube and a fav board game.............it makes hot summer afternoon a pleasant one.